Holistic Healing Hands
- Contraindicated areas, or areas of the body that you do not wish to be massaged, will be recorded on your clients notes.
- Aromatherapy - all treatments are provided with the OPTION of a choice of essential oils, blended into a base oil or base cream to suit the individual client. Reiki does not use oils or creams. Facial or Head treatments offer additional body shop oils. Thai Foot treatment uses cream with Thai scents as standard.
- Sports Massage (requires
referral for injury rehabilitation) - In 15 min time
slots up to 90 mins - as requested by the client.
- After completing a brief medical history and an additional 15 min physical assessment of any pain or injury (free of charge), Karen can determine whether a sports massage treatment is suitable, and which muscles need sport treatment focus - including firm muscle cross frictions, stripping, knot and injury release, etc. The pressure is adjusted as required.
- Common injuries Karen has treated: backache, joint injuries, knee problems, shin splints, achilles problems, frozen shoulder and tennis elbow. Ice massage and sonic treatment is also available for muscular injuries.
- Karen's sport expertise: Trampolining, Cycling and Running primarily. She has
also worked with Golfers and Archers. Ideally, a client recovering from an
injury should be referred from GP,
Physiotherapist, Osteopath, Chiropractor or
fellow Sports Massage Therapist. A client may
need to be referred back to a specialist, in the
case of a severe injury.
- Kinesio sports taping for injuries - 1-2 related body parts per session (time varies depending on the injury), with Physio Room K-tape. Please book a 15 min time slot.
- All Massage Treatments are tailor-made to the individual, promoting well-being, relaxation and fitness. The pressure is adjusted as required. They can be firm, uplifting and toning, OR soothing, relaxing and gentle.
- 60/ 75/ 90 min Swedish Full Body Massage
neck, top of shoulders, left arm, left hand,
right arm, right hand, right
leg, right foot, left leg, left foot, tummy, hips,
client turns over, back of right leg, back of
left leg, lower back & gluts, mid back, upper back &
shoulder release, neck &
30/ 45 min Swedish Back Massage
Treatment sequence: lower back & gluts, mid back, upper back & shoulder release, neck & scalp.
- 15 min Back Massage or 30 min Full Body Massage for Infant or Child (under 13 years of age)
- *** NEW *** 20 min Back Massage or 45 min Full Body Massage for Teenagers
- NOTE: Primary carers are required (by law) to be present throughout a treatment for any child under the age of 16, and 16/ 17 year olds require a permission slip from their primary carer (if applicable).
- Treatment sequence: as shown above, but tailored to the pressure of an Infant/ Child or Teenager, as required.
30 min Swedish Leg Massage
- Treatment sequence: right
leg, right foot, left leg, left foot, client
turns over, back of right leg, back of left leg.
- 30 min Indian Head Massage (Seated)
- Treatment sequence: upper back & shoulder release,
right arm, right hand, left arm, left
& scalp, face, front shoulders,
finishing on the upper back.
- 30/ 45 min Thai Foot Massage
- Treatment sequence: warming the foot, creaming the foot, working the points using the Thai stick, working the sen lines in the leg (working calf and up to knee) and wrapping. These stages are repeated on the second leg. Sequence continues then with working the wraps, stretches and closing sequence.
- 45 min Hopi Ear Candling (Biosun) (with Sinus releasing Facial Massage)
- An ideal treatment for people with sinus problems, narrow ear canals, wax build up sufferers, and for people who fly on commercial planes or regularly or go deep-sea diving, as it aids the balance of the u-tubes in the ears. Also a very relaxing treatment.
- Treatment sequence: Hopi ear candle in right
ear, Hope ear candle in left ear, sinus
releasing facial massage alleviating sinus pain
and ear blockage. While each
candle burns, the free hand massages, strokes, holds and warms
Candle treatment time is approx 30 mins total,
with 15 mins Sinus Releasing Facial Massage at the end to make up the
remaining time (see details below).
- 15 min Sinus releasing Facial Massage
- This helps to alleviate painful sinuses and painful fluid filled ears with
facial massage strokes that soothe the sinuses
and help them to drain fluid build up.
- 15/ 30/ 45/ 60 min Reiki Treatment
full 30, 45 or 60 minute treatment is done fully clothed, or a partial
treatment e.g. 15 mins can added to the end of a massage,
with hands placed on or over the required body parts to
warm and soothe the area. Promotes well-being
and stress relief. No oils or creams required.
if you have a household pet that would like reiki then Karen will treat them in the pet's own home for 15 mins, (also subject to mobile charges).
- Treatment sequence: head sequence (with or without symbols), top of shoulders and chest, arms, tummy, hips, legs, feet, back of head, back, back of legs, feet. The shorter treatment allows less time working on each part of the body but is the same sequence. The sequence may be repeated in longer treatments. Please ask if you want some focused work on any area. The back is treated ONLY if the client wishes to turn over, as the whole reiki treatment can be done with the client lying on their back, face up. The option is given at the start, and a client would be asked to turn half way through the treatment.
- Optional extras: to have a meditation story
with the reiki treatment, or
to have chakras balanced at the end, with reiki
or a crystal
pendulum. (Please ask/ request!)
- 15 min Reiki Blast (Seated)
- A 15 minute treatment done fully clothed seated in a chair. NOTE: This should only be done by a fully qualified Reiki master (which Karen is!). It is used to support people going through very stressful situations, who need a strong "pick me up" reiki blast to support what they are going through. (e.g. Cancer treatments). No oils or creams required.
- Treatment sequence:
elements may include attunements of soul star,
head, third eye, throat, palms, and heart. Chakras are
also brought into balance in the process.
- Combination of Reiki and Massage (as shown above, not exceeding 90 min)