Karen is fully vaccinated with both jabs since 11th May 2021, and is taking a lateral flow test 2x week. Karen is insured with WellBeing. Karen wears a visor and apron (if treating more than one client on the same day) while Covid restrictions apply. Everything is cleaned down between each client.
If you are registered with Karen, but have not had a treatment for over 7 years *****, or if you are a NEW CLIENT, please can you visit the Contact page and email Karen to request a Registration Form to complete in advance of your treatment. It can be completed on the day, but please allow more time for the treatment booking slot to do this. Forms are now available in Polish too! (Formularz dostępny teraz w języku polskim.)
Karen's work availability is shown on the Home page. Please use the Fresha tool to check Karen's availability for a specific day and either book an appointment directly, or contact Karen and she will book you in on your requested date and time. You can register directly with Fresha, or use a Facebook or Google account to register. The Fresha booking link can be selected from the Contact page or from here:
Arrival time policy: Clients may arrive up to 10 mins early or 10 mins late. If you cannot make your appointment for any reason or are running late e.g. due to traffic, PLEASE get in touch as soon as you can.
At 15 mins late, Karen will contact you to ask where you are, and whether you still want the appointment?!
At 30 mins late, Karen will contact you to reschedule your appointment for another date and time.
Rearranging an appointment is EASY and can be done through the Fresha tool, if it is more than 24 hours in advance, otherwise please get in touch with Karen directly to rebook your appointment. There is currently NO charge for missed appointments. You can also check your upcoming bookings in the app and the app will send you an email and text reminder 24 hours before your appointment.
Whilst we all
adjust to life with Covid-19, your experience may be a little different
than usual. Karen has to follow government guidelines to be insured and wants to keep herself and her clients safe, so please follow these rules:
- Please arrive wearing your own mask or reusable face covering. You will be provided with a basic surgical mask to wear, otherwise.
will be asked to use antibacterial hand gel before you
enter the house, or wash your hands if you are allergic to hand gel.
- You will have your temperature checked with a forehead gun thermometer. You will be sent home if the temperature is above 38 degrees Celsius/ 100 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Please respect our home and do not take your mask off when walking through the house.
- I will not be able to do any treatments on or around the face until the pandemic is fully under control, also as per government guidelines, but I will try to keep treatments as close to the original treatment booked as possible. (The missed time will be added into the back and shoulders, for Full Body or Indian Head Massage and the Sinus Releasing Facial Massage (also part of the Hopi Ear Candling Treatment) will be omitted.
- Current Government guidelines now indicate that face coverings may be removed for the facial part of a treatment, or if you are covered by another exemption , but only if you are happy to do so in the current situation.
- If you are fully vaccinated for over 3 weeks since the 2nd jab and are regularly testing (weekly or more often) with Covid-19 Lateral Flow tests, then you are permitted to have your whole treatment without a mask, but please keep the mask on until you are in the salon room, and put it back on before you leave.
- While masks have to be worn throughout the treatment, Karen can only provide water at the end of the treatment in the porch area. Otherwise water will be brought to the salon room at the end of the treatment as usual.
- Full Body Hot and Cold Stone Massage will NOT be available until lock down and mask rules end, and when it is cooler, hopefully from autumn 2021.