- Note: Contraindicated areas, or areas of the body that you do not wish to be massaged that are shown in the sequence, will be recorded in the clients notes.
Aromatherapy - all treatments are provided with the OPTION of a choice of essential oils, blended into a base oil or base cream to suit the individual client. Facial or Head treatments offer additional body shop oils. Thai Foot treatment uses cream with Thai scents as standard.
Sports Massage (requires referral for injury rehabilitation) - In 15 min time slots up to 90 mins - as requested by the client.
- After completing a brief medical history and an additional 15 min physical assessment of any pain or injury (free of charge), Karen can determine whether a sports massage treatment is suitable, and which muscles need sport treatment focus - including firm muscle cross frictions, stripping, knot and injury release, etc. The pressure is adjusted as required.
- Common injuries Karen has treated: backache, joint injuries, knee problems, shin splints, achilles problems, frozen shoulder and tennis elbow. Ice massage and sonic treatment is also available for muscular injuries.
- Karen's sport expertise: Trampolining, Cycling and Running primarily. She has also worked with Golfers and Archers.
- Ideally, a client recovering from an injury should be referred from GP, Physiotherapist, Osteopath, Chiropractor or fellow Sports Massage Therapist. A client may need to be referred to a specialist, in the case of a severe injury.
- Kinesio sports taping for injuries - 1-2 related body parts per session (time varies depending on the injury), with Physio Room K-tape. Please book a 15 min time slot.
All Massage Treatments are tailor-made to the individual, promoting well-being, relaxation and fitness. The pressure is adjusted as required. It can be firm, uplifting and toning, OR soothing, relaxing and gentle.
60/ 75/ 90 min Swedish Full Body Massage
- Treatment sequence: face, neck, top of shoulders, left arm, left hand, right arm, right hand, right leg, right foot, left leg, left foot, tummy, hips, client turns over, back of right leg, back of left leg, lower back & gluts, mid back, upper back & shoulder release, neck & scalp.
30/ 45 min Swedish Back Massage
- Treatment sequence: lower back & gluts, mid back, upper back & shoulder release, neck & scalp.
15 min Back Massage or 30 min Full Body Massage for Infant or Child (under 13 years of age) OR *** NEW *** 20 min Back Massage or 45 min Full Body Massage for Teenagers
- NOTE: Primary carers are required (by law) to be present throughout a treatment for any child under the age of 16, and 16/ 17 year olds require a permission slip from their primary carer (if applicable).
- Treatment sequence: as shown above, but tailored to the pressure of an Infant/ Child or Teenager, as required.
30 min Swedish Leg Massage
- Treatment sequence: right leg, right foot, left leg, left foot, client turns over, back of right leg, back of left leg.
30 min Indian Head Massage (Seated)
- Treatment sequence: upper back & shoulder release, right arm, right hand, left arm, left hand, neck & scalp, face, front of shoulders, finishing on the upper back.
30/ 45 min Thai Foot Massage (Seated on the couch)
- Treatment sequence: warming the foot, creaming the foot, working the points using the Thai stick, working along the sen lines in the leg, in the calf and up to the knee, wrap foot. Repeat on the second leg. Sequence continues then with working the wraps, stretches and closing sequence.
45 min Hopi Ear Candling (Biosun) (with Sinus releasing Facial Massage)
- An ideal treatment for people with sinus problems, narrow ear canals, wax build up sufferers, and for people who get blocked ears from flying on commercial planes or from deep-sea diving, because it aids the balance of the u-tubes in the ears. Also a very relaxing treatment.
- Treatment sequence: Hopi ear candle in right ear, Hopi ear candle in left ear, sinus releasing facial massage alleviating sinus pain and ear blockage. While each candle burns cupped by one hand, the free hand massages, strokes, holds and warms the scalp. Candle treatment time is approx 25-30 mins, with 15 mins Sinus Releasing Facial Massage at the end to make up the remaining time (see details below). Hands are washed in-between.
15 min Sinus releasing Facial Massage
- This helps to alleviate painful sinuses and painful fluid filled ears with facial massage strokes that soothe the sinuses and help the sinuses and ears to drain fluid build up.
15/ 30/ 45/ 60 min Reiki Treatment
- Reiki does not use oils or creams.
- A full 30, 45 or 60 minute treatment is done fully clothed, or a partial treatment can be done, for example, 15 mins can added to the end of a massage, with hands placed on or over the required body parts to warm and soothe the area.
- Reiki is a gentle energy focused therapy that relaxes
the spirit, body and mind. It can help to relieve stress,
promote well-being, ease pain, clear emotional
blockages and put your chakras back into balance. It is
particularly good for people who want to meditate or find it difficult to relax.
- If you have a household pet that would like reiki then Karen will treat them in the pet's own home for 15 mins, (also subject to mobile charges).
- Treatment sequence: head sequence (with or without symbols), top of shoulders and chest, arms, tummy, hips, legs, feet, back of head, back, back of legs, feet. The shorter treatment allows less time working on each part of the body, but follows same sequence. The sequence may be repeated in longer treatments or if a client does not choose to turn, or the sequence may go in reverse back up the body. Please ask if you want some focused work on any area that needs more energy.
- The whole reiki treatment can be done with the client lying on their back, face up, or they can choose to turn over half way through.
- Optional extras: to have a meditation story with the reiki treatment, or to have chakras balanced at the end, with reiki or a crystal pendulum. (Please ask/ request!)
15 min Reiki Blast (Seated)
- A 15 minute treatment done fully clothed seated in a chair, with both feet on the ground.
- NOTE: This should only be done by a fully qualified Reiki master. It is used to support people going through very stressful situations, who need a strong "pick me up" reiki treatment to support what they are going through. (e.g. Cancer treatments).
- Treatment sequence: elements may include attunements of soul star, head, third eye, throat, palms, and heart. Chakras are also brought into balance in the process.
Combination of Reiki and Massage (tailored to suit the client, not exceeding 90 min).
More about Reiki
Reiki is a
Japanese word meaning "Rei = Life" and
Rei is also a biblical word meaning "My
Companion, My Friend", so can also be taken to mean
so most therapists refer to reiki as "Universal
Energy", which is the best translation. This form
of holistic healing is
attributed to Dr Mikao Usui, a Japanese Christian
minister, who rediscovered this
ancient Tibetan philosophy.
Karen is now a fully trained Reiki Master (level III) after 6-10 years of apprenticeship. Please get in touch if you are interested in doing an authentic, original course in Usui Reiki with a pure lineage, starting with Reiki Level 1.