Holistic Healing Hands
Private Tuition - £15/ hour.
- Private Tuition: - Karen is available to privately teach the content of any of her formal qualifications up to Level 3 (A-Level), as she is a fully qualified teacher in the 16+ sector. (Please see her qualifications on the Home page). She can issue a certificate of attendance/ training from her business, or you can choose to take an equivalent level exam at a college near you. Regarding each course, please enquire for more details and whether the course is suitable for you to attend.
Thank you to my Reiki Master Nadia Paul for helping me to find my way, and guiding me to becoming the person I am today. I am grateful!
- Karen is a Reiki Master who can teach the complete original DR USUI SYSTEM OF NATURAL HEALING Reiki course, with a very pure lineage. Please see the courses available:
- Reiki Level One: For Beginners. This training course is run over 2 days of 6 hours of training for £180 per person, with an American style lunch half way through each day. You will receive 4 Reiki Level One 'attunements' in a safe and comfortable space that opens you up to the 'universal life energy'. The 2 days need to be close together for the attunements to work effectively.
Covered topics include the principles of Reiki and their deeper meanings, the traditional history of the therapy, self-healing and working on yourself primarily, your family, your friends, your pets and plants.
- Note: This is NOT a qualification to enable work on a professional level, only the first step.
- Reiki Level Two: Intermediate level. (This stage can only be taken after attending Reiki Level One and allowing the energies to settle for a minimum of 3 months.) This training course is run over 2 days of 6 hours of training for £180 per person, with an American style lunch half way through each day. Consisting of 2 Reiki Level Two 'attunements', at this level, you will learn how to use and understand the sacred symbols of the therapy, direct distant healing, working with animals, balancing chakras and much more. Some students require a 3rd Reiki Level Two 'attunement' depending how it goes. This is quite natural if the energies are not quite settling in.
- Reiki Level Two Therapist: In addition to Reiki Level Two, you need to complete an introduction course in counselling, a course in Anatomy and Physiology, and present a number of case studies to complete this course. This qualification allows you to work on the general public and other people's pets. There are no additional Reiki classes to sit, only your self-motivation to organise these classes for yourself and show the training evidence to Karen to receive your Therapist certificate.
- Reiki Level Three: This is degree level training, working towards the understanding of how to become a Reiki Master. You work closely with Karen, with regular classes, each class costing £90 with the usual American style lunch half way through each day. If you have attended 20 classes, you can continue sitting in classes for free thereafter, until you reach a spiritual understanding and respect for Reiki Mastership. It is normal for students to take 2-5 years of Reiki Mastership training to achieve the level. You will be asked to sit in Reiki Level One or Reiki Level Two classes (for free) to support other students, as you are always learning, even from other students.
- You may receive reiki boosts/ reiki blasts throughout the training course to help your energies absorb better in the learning process. You need to keep track of your classes and who attends classes with you, as this will eventually become your teaching folder. You move to the final step when you make your dedication vow to Reiki Mastership, after you have received 4 Reiki Level Three 'attunements' over the span of a year.
- Reiki Level Three Master/Teacher: This is the completion of the degree course and allows you to teach Reiki as a Reiki Master and pass it on your knowledge to others the best way you know how using your personal knowledge and experience. This will be a final one to one day course with just yourself and Karen, to help you finalise any steps you might have missed and sign off your teaching folder, in order to complete the degree. You will continue to be supported by your Reiki Master Karen when you work in Reiki, and you will know when you are ready in yourself to take the next step to teach.
- Note: Normally the Reiki Level Three Master/ Teacher certificate will be issued once you have completed all the Reiki Level Three classes, including the final one to one course.
- Other Therapy Based Courses Available:
- Infant Massage Training: - Karen's expertise is particularly with understanding attachment disorders and separation anxiety, due to having an adopted child. This course may also benefit parents suffering from Post-Natal Depression to help them bond with their child or children. Karen teaches this on a one-to-one basis or to a group for 2 hours/ week for a course of 4 weeks.
- Indian Head Massage: - You do not require any prior training to do this course - it covers the Anatomy and Physiology of the head and shoulders as part of the course. You have to learn the sequence and be able to demonstrate it on Karen as part of the final exam on the last day. Karen can teach this on a one-to-one basis or to a group. Ideally this course should be studied over 3 weeks for 4 hours per session, or could be fit into 2 weeks of 6 hours per session.
- Hopi Ear Candling: - You do not require any prior training to do this course, but it is preferred if you have some holistic or beauty experience as you learn a facial sequence. The course covers the Anatomy and Physiology of the head and face as part of the training course. You have to learn the sequence and be able to demonstrate it on another person. Karen can teach this on a one-to-one basis or to a group. Ideally this course should be studied in one session of 4 hours. (Please note that this course is not available during the Covid19 pandemic).
- Anatomy and Physiology (level 3): - Karen's training in A&P is ideal if you are considering becoming a fully trained massage or sports massage therapist, but it is high level, so it may take a year to train if you only do a couple of hours on a weekly basis.
- Swedish Body Massage (level 3): - You need to have trained in Anatomy and Physiology to at least level 3. It is a high level course, so it may take a couple of years to train, if you only do a couple of hours on a weekly basis. You have to be able to demonstrate the whole routine on Karen or a chosen preferred client, as part of the final exam. You also have to be able to choose a selection of 4-6 volunteer clients, preferably each from different walks of life e.g. a person of different sex, different ethnic origin, different beliefs, different sexual orientation, different ages, different abilities, to demonstrate equal opportunities to all.
- Thai Foot Massage: - You need to be a qualified massage therapist, as this sequence is complex and intricate - similar to learning reflexology. You have to understand the sequence and be able to demonstrate it on Karen as part of the final exam. Karen can teach this on a one-to-one basis or to a group. Ideally this course should be studied in 1 or 2 sessions for 4-6 hours and includes the exam.
- Aromatherapy: - You need to be a qualified in a massage therapy that uses oils in order to study Aromatherapy. It goes into a lot of detail. Ideally you would be studying this for a couple of hours a week for up to a year or two. This course also teaches its own aromatherapy massage sequence, looks at lymph massage and considers other uses for Aromatherapy.