Holistic Healing Hands
Private Tuition - £12/ hour, whether group or individual training.
- Private Tuition: - Karen is available to privately teach the content of any of her formal qualifications up to Level 3 (A-Level), as she is a fully qualified teacher in the 16+ sector. (Please see her qualifications on the Home page). She can issue a certificate of attendance/ training from her business, or you can choose to take an equivalent level exam at a college near you. Regarding each course, please enquire for more details and whether the course is suitable for you to attend.
- Infant Massage Training: - Karen's expertise is particularly with understanding attachment disorders and separation anxiety, due to having an adopted child. This course may also benefit parents suffering from Post-Natal Depression to help them bond with their child or children. Karen teaches this on a one-to-one basis or to a group for 2 hours/ week for a course of 4 weeks.
- Anatomy and Physiology (level 3): - Karen's training in A&P is ideal if you are considering becoming a fully trained massage or sports massage therapist, but it is high level, so it may take a year to train if you only do a couple of hours on a weekly basis.
- Indian Head Massage: - You do not require any prior training to do this course - it covers the Anatomy and Physiology of the head and shoulders as part of the course. You have to learn the sequence and be able to demonstrate it on Karen as part of the final exam on the last day. Karen can teach this on a one-to-one basis or to a group. Ideally this course should be studied over 3 weeks for 4 hours per session, or could be fit into 2 weeks of 6 hours per session.
- Hopi Ear Candling: - You do not require any prior training to do this course, but it is preferred if you have some holistic or beauty experience as you learn a facial sequence. The course covers the Anatomy and Physiology of the head and face as part of the training course. You have to learn the sequence and be able to demonstrate it on another person. Karen can teach this on a one-to-one basis or to a group. Ideally this course should be studied in one session of 4 hours.
- Swedish Body Massage (level 3): - You need to have trained in Anatomy and Physiology to at least level 3. It is a high level course, so it may take a couple of years to train, if you only do a couple of hours on a weekly basis. You have to be able to demonstrate the whole routine on Karen or a chosen preferred client, as part of the final exam. You also have to be able to choose a selection of 4-6 volunteer clients, preferably each from different walks of life e.g. a person of different sex, different ethnic origin, different beliefs, different sexual orientation, different ages, different abilities, to demonstrate equal opportunities to all.
- Thai Foot Massage: - You need to be a qualified massage therapist, as this sequence is complex and intricate - similar to learning reflexology. You have to understand the sequence and be able to demonstrate it on Karen as part of the final exam. Karen can teach this on a one-to-one basis or to a group. Ideally this course should be studied in 1 or 2 sessions for 4-6 hours and includes the exam.
- Aromatherapy: - You need to be a qualified in a massage therapy that uses oils in order to study Aromatherapy. It goes into a lot of detail. Ideally you would be studying this for a couple of hours a week for up to a year. This course also teaches its own aromatherapy massage sequence and other uses for Aromatherapy.
- Reiki Level 1 or 2: - Currently available with Karen's Reiki Master and with Karen and/ or colleagues present on the course. Ideally this course should be studied over 2 days for 5-6 hours per day. No exam is required.