Private Tuition - £12/ hour, whether group or individual training.
- Private Tuition: - Karen is available to privately teach the content of any of her formal qualifications up to Level 3 (A-Level), as she is a fully qualified teacher in the 16+ sector. (Please see her qualifications on the Home page). She can issue a certificate of attendance/ training from her business, or you can choose to take an equivalent level exam at a college near you. Regarding each course, please enquire for more details and whether the course is suitable for you to attend.
- Reiki Level One: For Beginners. This is a 2-day relaxation course. You will receive 4 'attunements' in a safe and comfortable space that opens you up to the 'universal life energy'. Covered topics will be: the principles of Reiki and their deeper meanings, the traditional history of the therapy, self-healing and working with family, friends, plants and animals.
(Please note, this is not a qualification to enable work on a professional level.)
Reiki Level Two: Intermediate. (This stage can only be taken after attending Reiki One for a minimum of 3-months.) Consisting of a further 2 'attunements', at Reiki Two you will learn how to use and understand the sacred symbols of the therapy, direct distant healing and much more.
Reiki Level Two Therapist: In addition to Reiki 2, you need to complete an introduction course in counselling, a course in Anatomy and Physiology, and present a number of case studies. This qualification allows you to work on the general public.
Reiki Level Three: This is degree level training, working towards the understanding of how to become a Reiki Master. You work closely with Karen, with regular classes until you reach a spiritual understanding and respect for Reiki Mastership.
Reiki Level Three Teacher: This is the completion of the reiki three master degree course and allows you to teach Reiki as a Reiki Master and pass it on.
- Infant Massage Training: - Karen's expertise is particularly with understanding attachment disorders and separation anxiety, due to having an adopted child. This course may also benefit parents suffering from Post-Natal Depression to help them bond with their child or children. Karen teaches this on a one-to-one basis or to a group for 2 hours/ week for a course of 4 weeks.
- Anatomy and Physiology (level 3): - Karen's training in A&P is ideal if you are considering becoming a fully trained massage or sports massage therapist, but it is high level, so it may take a year to train if you only do a couple of hours on a weekly basis.
- Indian Head Massage: - You do not require any prior training to do this course - it covers the Anatomy and Physiology of the head and shoulders as part of the course. You have to learn the sequence and be able to demonstrate it on Karen as part of the final exam on the last day. Karen can teach this on a one-to-one basis or to a group. Ideally this course should be studied over 3 weeks for 4 hours per session, or could be fit into 2 weeks of 6 hours per session.
- Hopi Ear Candling: - You do not require any prior training to do this course, but it is preferred if you have some holistic or beauty experience as you learn a facial sequence. The course covers the Anatomy and Physiology of the head and face as part of the training course. You have to learn the sequence and be able to demonstrate it on another person. Karen can teach this on a one-to-one basis or to a group. Ideally this course should be studied in one session of 4 hours.
- Swedish Body Massage (level 3): - You need to have trained in Anatomy and Physiology to at least level 3. It is a high level course, so it may take a couple of years to train, if you only do a couple of hours on a weekly basis. You have to be able to demonstrate the whole routine on Karen or a chosen preferred client, as part of the final exam. You also have to be able to choose a selection of 4-6 volunteer clients, preferably each from different walks of life e.g. a person of different sex, different ethnic origin, different beliefs, different sexual orientation, different ages, different abilities, to demonstrate equal opportunities to all.
- Thai Foot Massage: - You need to be a qualified massage therapist, as this sequence is complex and intricate - similar to learning reflexology. You have to understand the sequence and be able to demonstrate it on Karen as part of the final exam. Karen can teach this on a one-to-one basis or to a group. Ideally this course should be studied in 1 or 2 sessions for 4-6 hours and includes the exam.
- Aromatherapy: - You need to be a qualified in a massage therapy that uses oils in order to study Aromatherapy. It goes into a lot of detail. Ideally you would be studying this for a couple of hours a week for up to a year. This course also teaches its own aromatherapy massage sequence and other uses for Aromatherapy.